Here are selections from list from a blog of a Protestant theology instructor. I like lists of good books. I do not know if all the links carried over to this page.
Best theology books of 2009 from Faith and Theology by Ben Myers
- Theology: David Kelsey, Eccentric Existence: A Theological Anthropology, 2 vols. (WJK)
- Biblical studies (OT): John Goldingay, Old Testament Theology: Israel’s Life (IVP)
- Systematic theology: T. F. Torrance, Incarnation and Atonement (IVP)
- Essay collection (single author): John Milbank, The Future of Love: Essays in Political Theology (Cascade)
- Essay collection (multi-author): Oliver Crisp and Michael Rea (eds), Analytic Theology: New Essays in the Philosophy of Theology (Oxford UP)
- Theological history: John Witte Jr., The Sins of the Fathers: The Law and Theology of Illegitimacy Reconsidered (Cambridge UP)
- Essay: Sarah Coakley, “Is There a Future for Gender and Theology? On Gender, Contemplation, and the Systematic Task,” Criterion 47:1 (2009)
Anyone have any recommendations in Jewish thought?